Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vintage Gg is For Girl Baby Shower











the game

"Gg is for girl" theme for a September shower for a teacher.


Decor:

~ vintage fabrics lining the food and dining tables
~ coordinating homemade fabric pennant swag above the food table
~ "critter cards" using "School Script Dashed" font
~ bowls of red apples
~ mason jars of pencils
~ classic retro books standing and in stacks
~ kitschy daisies in a carafe
~ vintage illustrations marking the gift table, favor table, and front door sign

Menu:

brown bag lunches including-
~ chicken salad and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches packaged in old fashioned wax paper
~ carrot and celery sticks
~ cookies
~ apples
~ water bottles with "Gg is for girl" labels
~ and a special note from mom on a napkin included in each lunch
~ retro milk carton favor boxes filled with Tootsie Rolls to take home

Music:

~ Benny Goodman
~ The Ballad of Davy Crockett
~ Father Knows Best Theme
~ Mickey Mouse Club March
~ Nat King Cole
~ Bing Crosby
~ Andrews Sisters
~ The McGuire Sisters
~ Doris Day
~ Leave it To Beaver Theme
~ Rosemary Clooney
~ I Love Lucy Theme
~ The Donna Reed Show Theme
~ and many more...


credits:
One Charming Party for inspiration, Gg is for girl image- for free printables from Brittany, go to One Charming Party

Retro milk carton favor box- papercrave.com

Vintage books- Phoenix Public Library (love the library!)


9 comments:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Really sweet party! You had me at "Pokey Little puppy!" That was one of my faves as a kid!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Thanks girl! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Unknown said...

Quick question! Where would I find those invitations? I would love if they were a printable like the favor boxes and report card recipe cards! =D

The Lewis's said...

Mama Bat, I have had a lot of interest in those invitations and they were custom made for this shower. But I decided to make up a couple of new ones for a boy and girl as a free printable for personal use, so check out my new post!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! You have saved my best friend and me (I refuse to let her pay for my entire shower!) a ton of cash! YAY! =D

Leelersinc said...

Please tell me where you found the picture of the girl with the leaves in the frame for "gifts"... I recognize it but can't find it anywhere! thanks!

The Lewis's said...

You know, to be honest I didn't save all of my resources. It was a vintage book but I can't remember which one. It might even be a good idea to ask your local librarian (as I did mine) if they have any good vintage books, and Golden Books. If you have access to a scanner, the sky is the limit!

Sorry I can't provide a more definitive answer.

rudie2shoes said...

I know this is an old post. I hope you can see this message. I went to the page for the milk carton printable but it says the file is not available. Would you by any chance still have that printable downloaded on your computer? If so, would you be able to send it to me? I would really appreciate it if you can. Thanks!!!

Life with Vida Blog said...

Found you on Pinterest, this is such a cute shower.