Saturday, May 22, 2010

Graduation


My son just graduated from our homeschool preschool. For our ceremony, I made preschool diplomas, and caps with tassles that matched our red, blue, yellow, with hints of black color scheme. It was a pot luck with some yummy desserts, and for the food table backdrop, I used a shower curtain, and projected the "class of 2010" image I designed and traced with Sharpie, and filled in with paint. I got the food and beverage signs from Hostess with the Mostess (http://www.hostesswiththemostess.com/themes/color_your_summer/color_your_summer) which has awesome printables.


The kids walked down the red carpet, and got to share their favorite memories of preschool through the microphone, and after the Pomp and Circumstance, we played the Rocky theme and they threw up their graduation caps and released balloons. Afterward, everyone got to mingle while listening to songs like The Climb by Miley Cyrus (one of the preschool girls was a big Miley fan), Here's to the Night by Eve 6, and I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan. My baby's growing up- soon it'll be college!

Here's the recipe for the sparkling lemonade we had at the drink counter:

~ 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
~ 2 cups sugar
~ 12 cups water
~ 1 2-liter lemon lime soda
~ lots of ice and sliced lemons

Congratulations all you other class of 2010 graduates and enjoy!

No comments: